Monday, June 29, 2015

Red, White, and Fruit

Hope you all had a great weekend. Just 5 more days until my favorite holiday, Fourth of July! Family,   friends, freedom, fireworks, and fun is what the 4th is all about. I guess I have this holiday to thank for my life because my mom and dad, Glenn and Jenifer, met on this holiday 22 year ago!

I know holidays bring parties, food, and drinking. However, just because it is a holiday weekend does not mean you have to get off track with a healthy lifestyle. Below I provided some of my favorite healthy 4th of July festive snack ideas. 

Festive Fourth Fruit






All you need are some skewers, blueberries, strawberries (or any red fruit) and bananas! For more of a treat you can substitute bananas for marshmallows. Make your American flag as big or small as you want. 





Simple Stars



Super simple and festive. Just use a star shaped cookie cutter to make star shaped watermelon for a perfect 4th of July snack. I love enjoying watermelon on a hot summer day on the beach. 




Sparkly Strawberries 




Just dip your desired amount of strawberries in melted white chocolate and some blue sprinkles, then refrigerate until chocolate is hard. For a healthier option substitute the white chocolate for greek yogurt. 







I hope you enjoy your weekend. Stay safe and have fun. What are some of your festive 4th ideas?





No comments:

Post a Comment