Thursday, November 20, 2014

A Lifestyle Change

Ever since I was young, my dad, Glenn, was always my coach. My softball and life coach. He was the one my siblings and I looked to for help and knowledge. Now, I am pleased to say, as his 17 year old daughter I am his teacher. 

I have always been into health and fitness and live a healthy life. Finally, I have rubbed off on my dad. I was able to show him how important eating right and exercise is and now I am coaching him through his new lifestyle change. He has been on a raw cleanse for over a week now and I couldn't be happier for him. I will continue to share updates about his health changes along with his own recipes he has created. 

These healthy changes make me more comfortable leaving for New York in the fall to attend college and help with my parents health insurance. 

One of my dads first recipes is what he likes to call California Dreamin' :

2 C quinoa, cooked cooled and fluffed
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons Stone Brewery Dijon Mustard
8 oz grilled chicken, finely sliced 
1/2 teaspoon minced lemon rind, juice of 1 large lemon
1 teaspoon ground pepper 
3 tablespoons basil, finely chifanard 

(Serves 2) 
Fluff and enjoy! 

The avocado is custom from "Bingoz Culinary Display" 



No comments:

Post a Comment