Monday, July 8, 2019

June 2019

June 2019, Happy Summer!


Home for Mama Fili 

If you've been following us for a while, you might be aware of Mama Fili's recent health scares. Per her request, all us kids came home for a weekend to spend with her. Mama Fili is so strong, sweet loving and caring. It is our turn to take care of this strong woman, and to acknowledge all she has sacrificed for our family. Please continue to pray for Mama Fili, that she finds comfort and peace at home with her. 







Restaurant Review

Two Hands NYC || Tribeca || http://www.twohandsnyc.com/ 

Price: $$$
Vibe: chill, friendly, open concept 
Staff/Service: welcoming, accommodating, attentive
Food: TO DIE FOR

An Australian brunch spot located in Tribeca, Two Hands does not disappoint. You might have seen cute instagram posts at this place, and it totally lives up to the hype.  Amanda loves all things Australian thanks to youtuber, Sarah's Day. To congratulate my sissy on 40 sales during her first month as work I took her here.  The food and atmosphere makes you want to travel to Australia and eat everything. This cute place can add up at the end, but I say it's worth it!





Recipes of the Month 



VEGAN SUMMER PESTO 
- handful raw nuts
- 2 handfuls fresh basil 
- salt, pepper garlic to taste 
- juice of 1 lemon
- sprinkle of nutirtional yeast 
- olive oil (amount varies on desired consistency) 

I don't use measurements too much when constructing my own recipes, only when I'm following someone else's. Try this out and adjust to balance the flavors according to your liking . It's great as a veggie dip, on zucchini noodles, salmon, shrimp, chicken, bread- basically anything. 






KIKI'S SNEAKY TREAT

- 3 Loving Earth chocolate squares (we love the Mint flavor best)
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp. raw almond butter
- 1/2 c. gluten-free granola
- splash of almond milk 

Just like her big sissy, Kiki doesn't always use measurements, but she creates the best sneaky after dinner treats. These yummy bowls satisfy that late night or mid-day sweet craving. It's healthy, it's filling, it's perfect!







SUMMER COOLIES

This New York heat is ROUGH. The humidity makes you crazy, and it just makes you sweat like crazy.  Amanda and I get aggravated with the heat and humidity combined, but having a cute little snack always helps ease our pains.  Right now we're really into frozen mango and pineapple. Such a simple and refreshing treat.  It's not really a recipe, but a good idea for a chilled treat because turning the oven on in a New York summer? Forget about it. 






End of Year Reflection- Ms. D

This week concluded my first year of teaching and living in New York City.  It's hard to believe how much of myself and my life has changed. I faced challenges that made me question my identity, my confidence and abilities.  I'm proud to say each challenge was overcame with resilience.  New York has taught me just that- how to be resilient when facing defeat.  And it's not just New York that taught me that, it was my students. They faced more stress and trauma than I could ever know- yet they showed up. The population of students I had the pleasure of teaching this year were far from perfect, they were suspended kids with major trauma induced lives. They are strong, they are vibrant and they are unique. They have given me a new purpose in life and new outlook on everything. I never walked out of work without a funny, crazy, memorable story.  I loved showing up for those kids everyday. A new type of patience was something I took away from this year, and I'll forever be grateful for that.  I am more humble, empathetic, vulnerable and loving because this job has opened my heart up.  As I continue to establish myself as an educator, I hope to grow into an influential advocate for educational equity. It's been the best year of my life growth wise and I couldn't be more thrilled to have one year down.  But, I am ready for a much needed break and to recharge with my favorite people. 





Summary and Trends from the Agency Owner


Clients, Friends and Family,

It was a scary and emotional month with my moms health on the line.  As I have mentioned more than once, Faith, Family and then me.  I am glad that the kids were able to get home to visit and spend quality time with Mama Fili, Jen and me.  Never the less, we must take care of our family.  If you are not taken care of yourself, it is very difficult to take care of anyone else.

Please understand that insurance is the spread of risk over a population in order that no single risk has to take the burden of a covered loss by themselves.  This is how insurance works.  We do have a higher risk for wild fire than most places in the country.  You will see rates for both auto and home insurance increase because of the payouts and the possibility of other wild fires occurring.  This is an industry trend.  Make certain to reach out if you have any questions or concerns about pricing.  You chose our agency because of service, a fair price and the Farmers Insurance Brand to protect your personal property.  Don't always let price be the decision you make on the important items you  purchase.  This is especially true for professional services such as an attorney, insurance services, doctors etc.  We are here to assist. We are contacting clients directly with increases in premiums over 12%.  We are here to serve you. 


CEA Can Help You Help Your Insureds

On Thursday, July 4 at 10:33 a.m. PST a magnitude 6.4 earthquake struck about 12 kilometers southwest of Searles Valley in the Mojave Desert. Multiple aftershocks followed, one as strong as a magnitude 5.4.

This was the largest magnitude earthquake to strike California in 20 years.

Residents of the town nearest to the epicenter─Ridgecrest─felt very strong shaking, with some describing the event as "terrifying." The earthquake was felt far and wide: from the Pacific Coast to Las Vegas, and from San Diego to the State of Washington. Governor Newsom has declared a State of Emergency for Kern County.

USGS indicates a "yellow alert" for economic losses: "Some damage is possible and the impact should be relatively localized." Some news media are reporting damage to roads, buildings and residences.

CEA has approximately 2,000 policyholders in the affected areas, including ZIP Codes 93555 (Ridgecrest), 93527 (Inyokern) and 93562 (Trona), who may have experienced strong shaking.

Wishing everyone a wonderful and safe summer.  Please call anytime with questions or concerns and we will address the issue immediately.  Our first time call response is still over 75% and we take pride in that.  

Kindly and with Gratitude, the bloggers from the East and West Coast, Glenn & Alexandra Domingo

No comments:

Post a Comment