Wednesday, March 31, 2021

March 2021

Marching Into Orange



March Birthday celebrations with our family & visit from Addison's girlfriend, Ariana


WOW. I don't know about you guys, but this month came and flew by! Moving closer to the Orange Covid Tier, a time change, and many adventures made the month of March come and go pretty quickly. We celebrated St. Patrick's Day, some birthdays, and some visitors. My dad performed on Palm Sunday at our local church with his ukulele group, the Sonshine Strummers, and it was amazing to see the joy he had in his heart. We are looking forward to springtime this April when we will celebrate Easter, dad will take a trip to see Lexie in New York City and help her set up her new apartment, and hopefully some more fun adventures!   

Please remember to stay safe as our State of California moves closer to the Orange Tier.  Just wear your mask while in public, social distance and stay healthy.  Let's not let Covid sneak back up into the Purple because we all feel comfortable.  Lets listen and pay attention to the science and experts.  



Dad's performance at New Song Community Church Carlsbad Campus  


Many Adventures in March

This past month I have been extremely blessed to be able to go on all kinds of adventures from the snow, to beaches, to the sky! Prior to COVID, my plan was to do some international traveling before I really settled into a "career".  Although that didn't quite happen, I have been able to do so much more than I had expected and I am extremely grateful that I have I job that allows me to, parents that support me and encourage me to enjoy life while I can, and great company to enjoy it with. As I prepare to get into nursing school within the next year, I am going to take in and enjoy all life has to offer in the present moment! It has been my first ski season and I absolutely fell in love with it. My boyfriend and I took a trip to Mammoth and got to camp and ski for a couple of days. The conditions were cold, but I finally am getting a feel for it and attacked my first black diamond.  A couple weeks later, I got to take a little trip to Oahu with my best friends and a few short days upon returning I was up in the sky jumping out of an airplane. 
Mammoth 

Waimea Bay with Mal 

Skydiving @ GoJump Oceanside 


Recipe of the Month - St. Patty's Edition 

GO GREEN - Protein Smoothie

One of my favorite and "go-to" smoothies! So refreshing for spring time and healthy. I use it as a post workout shake, on the go meal, or sweet treat dessert. 




Ingredients: 

8-16 oz plant based milk/coconut water 
1 cup frozen tropical fruit blend (mango, pineapple, peach) 
1 ripe banana 
1-2 scoops vanilla plant based protein (or protein of your choice)
2 handfuls of spinach (trust me you won't taste it, but it gives the smoothie a pretty green color!) 

Throw all your ingredients into your blender and blend to the consistency of your choice! For a thicker smoothie bowl, use frozen bananas and less liquid, then top with your favorite granola and nut butter...YUM! 





Restaurant Review - Eureka! 




A great place for a date night or a night out with a bunch of friends. Located in Carlsbad off of Palomar Airport Road, it is hidden in the business park area. They have indoor/outdoor seating that is a very chic, trendy vibe. The cool part is you scan the QR code at your table and order directly from your phone. They bring out your drinks, food, and whatever sides you want. When you are done, super seamless, you pay directly from your phone too and just leave when you're ready. They have a happy hour, plenty of cocktails, beer and wine, and they are gluten/vegan friendly with a ton of options to alter your meals. 



Book Review - Money Honey 


Maybe some of you are super good with your finances, maybe some of you struggle, and maybe some of you have no clue what you are really even doing. Whether you are a broke college student or multi-millionaire I have found this book to be extremely helpful and relatable with all basics of finances most of us are not so fortunate to learn. I found my copy on Amazon and got it next delivery through prime! Give it a read, you will not be disappointed. 

Just A Friendly Reminder to Fund Your ROTH or TRADITIONAL IRA 

2020 and 2021 traditional & Roth IRA contribution limits

Total annual contributions to your traditional and Roth IRAs combined cannot exceed:

  • 2020: $6,000, 2021: $6,000 (under age 50)
  • 2020: $7,000, 2021: $7,000 (age 50 or older)
  • Must fund 2020 by April 15th 2021 for your deduction on your Traditional IRA or Future possible tax free withdraws with your ROTH IRA.  Please check with us on income limits for maximum benefits. 


April Awaits 

Lex has officially moved in to her very first apartment all by herself. She has a cute studio apartment in Brooklyn, NY. She is enjoying her time being back in the classroom with her students and is eager for us to come visit. We all miss her so much, but cannot be more proud of her as she navigates her way through adulthood in the greatest city. Opportunity awaits wherever you go, there you are Lexie girl! Love you sissy. 

What are you excited for in April? We hope you all have a healthy and happy Easter holiday! 

With love from our family to yours, 
The Domingo's 

No comments:

Post a Comment